Wear and Care
Raw denim is a blank canvas and how much you wear your garment will determine how quickly you start to see your own personal wear patterns. Your garment is an investment and in order to get the best price per wear out of it, we strongly recommend following these guidelines:
- For tote bags- Turn them inside out and wash on cold with dark colors and mild detergent. Make sure that you wash it in a load that isn't too full- washing it with too many things will cause creasing in the denim that will change the overall appearance. NEVER put them in the dryer- hang dry only.
- Wear your jeans for AT LEAST 6 months before you wash them. This is important!! Doing so will allow you to break in the indigo, revealing your own unique wear patterns. Washing too soon after purchase will stunt your fades and you'll end up with a flat pair of jeans without the dimension you'd achieve otherwise.
- When you're ready to wash, soak your jeans in cold water, use a gentle detergent, and wash by hand. This takes a little extra effort but it's totally worth it!
- If you absolutely must wash them in the washing machine, turn them inside out first and use a delicate cycle with cold water only. Avoid overfilling the machine to protect your garments.
- NEVER put your garments in the dryer. We cannot stress this enough. Doing so will drastically shorten the garments lifespan, as the dryer heat will break down the cotton fibers and impact its durability.
- If you spill something on your garment, we recommend spot cleaning with a damp cotton cloth. Try to avoid rubbing, as you'll damage the indigo and be left with a lighter spot than the rest of your garment.