Our Values in Action
Learn about Deco Denim's core brand values
As an ethical fashion brand, our values inform just about every decision we make. Read on to learn about what drives us as a brand, how you can see those values in action at every level of our business, and what we have our sights set on for the future.
What's at the center of everything we do?
Deco Denim was created when our founder Sarah saw a hole in the current market. Plenty of brands are beginning to talk the talk of sustainability and slow fashion, but many don't actually walk the walk. The following values are at the core of everything we do:
- Ethical fashion
These aren't just buzzwords for us, we work hard to ensure they're woven through Deco Denim at every level in everything we do. Here are just a few examples of this:
- We use Hero compostable packaging to ship all orders
- Minimal textile waste through designing strategically
- Textile scraps are repurposed into products when possible (like the Zipper Pouch in our Indigo Collection!)
- Additional textile scraps are donated to Blue Jeans Go Green to recycle denim & reduce waste that would otherwise go to a landfill
- Committed to using at least 90% cotton fabrics (currently using nothing but 100% cotton).
- Expanding into additional sizes in the future is one of our goals, but we currently offer extended sizes up to 3X in some garments
- We use masc sizing, and our products are designed to be worn by anyone and everyone
- We don't use photo retouching to remove blemishes, smooth skin, or alter the appearance of our models in any way
- We don't pin garments on our models to change their fit during photoshoots. What you see is how they fit!
- We only partner with mills & manufacturers that compensate their workers fairly
- Our products are made only using sustainably sourced materials
We're proud to be building a brand that truly stands for something, but we still want to continually move the needle forward. As we continue to grow and evolve, we already have our sights set on some benchmarks of success, both in the near and long-term future.
Our future goals
- Work only with manufacturers that are Fair Trade Certified
- Offer jeans up to size 60, and jackets & t-shirts up to size 6X
- Earn B-Corp certification
- Use only GOTS-certified cotton
- Offer selvedge denim to a size 46 (jeans) and size 2X (jackets)
- Ensure production markers (patterns) are continually being refined for best utilization and minimal waste
- Manufacture our jeans & jackets in San Francisco to minimize shipping costs and the carbon footprint
- Offer popup events to give folks a chance to try before they buy (cutting down on additional shipping costs even further)
We want to do things differently. Taking the time to develop a brand that truly embodies our values hasn't been simple, but we're so excited to share Deco Denim with the world.
Do you have questions about Deco Denim's values in action, or suggestions on how we can improve? Get in touch and let us know!